At last, the air is clear of the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and … my hometown team winning a certain celebrated sporting event. Valentine’s Day, the Olympic Games—they’re all behind us. May we all breathe again now?
Apart from the activity of the above, our time in the U.S. has been fairly uneventful, which is just as a so-called “furlough” often should be. J and C are doing well in school. We get to spend a good amount of time with my side of the family, most of whom live in the area. It has been a period of restfulness threaded with an urge to return to work and life in Germany.
Part of this time is intended for reconnecting with those who faithfully keep us busy and active while we’re serving away from home. During the busiest times of year, though, it’s not easy to visit those folks. With spring arriving, our schedule of events is picking up. Here’s where we anticipate being over the next several months:
- March 4: The Blue Church, Springfield, PA, 9:00–1:00 PM (combined Sunday school class, worship, lunch)
- March 10: Aldan Union Church, Aldan, PA, 8:00–10:30 AM (missions conference breakfast)
- March 14: Aldan Union Church, Aldan, PA, 7:00–8:30 PM (missions conference panel discussion)
- March 18: Aldan Union Church, Aldan, PA, 9:00–1:00 PM (missions conference Sunday school, worship)
- April 13-15: Pender United Methodist Church, Fairfax, VA (missions conference)
- April 29: Parkwood Baptist Church, Annandale, VA, 9:30–12:00 PM (combined Sunday school, lunch)
- June 11-13: South Carolina (tentative visits)
- June 13-19: First Presbyterian Church, Duncanville, TX (worship, friends in vicinity)
- June 19-27: Centennial, CO (family visit)
- June 27-July 2: Brookdale Church, Saint Joseph, MO (worship, family visit)
- August 3: Germany?
If you live near any of these places (or along our likely route) and would like to get together with us, please let us know! You can find our email address in the newsletter:
When you pray for us, please keep our stamina the threat of travel fatigue before the Lord our God. We are grateful to you for being a part of our Wycliffe ministry!